Sunday, May 11, 2014

Out of the Hat Challenge

What I enjoy most about taking classes at Canadian Beauty College is how they provide the opportunity for a lot of practicing.  Honestly, the content has only more or less confirmed what I have already learned from the awesome world of YouTube, but getting to work with many different faces, eye shapes and skin tones require a lot of practice and you can't get that from YouTube =P.

This week we had one of the most interesting challenges and it really brings me back to High School when I used to take visual arts.  Every student is supposed to bring in an interesting item --- it could be anything but should be something that's either colourful or abstract so that students can be inspired to create a look based on this item.

The item I received was this Slatkin & Co. room spray in the fragrance "Winter."


I found this picture online since I forgot to get a picture of the actual product.

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do but I definitely wanted to try something I haven't tried before and to be different from others in the class.  I started off with a simple blue smokey eye, then added this fish scaling effect with lace, Makeup Forever's white aqua cream and a variation of blue eyeshadow.  I went back and lined her eyes with silver instead of black and added silver to her brows At the end, I finished the lips off with a blue aqua cream and did a ombre effect with black in the corners and silver in the centre.

Here is the final Elsa and Winter inspired look.




This is my friend Crystal with the final look.


Here's a close up of the lace/scaling effect.

As much as I love doing beauty looks, this Out of the Hat Challenge was a lot of fun and I can't wait to try more.  Need to find more adventurous people to try fun, crazy looks on them!

Stay inspired!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment