Monday, April 28, 2014

Embarking on a New Journey

I don't even remember the first time I started playing with makeup.  I have always been intrigued in how makeup can change how people feel, think and look.

For years of my life, I just observed the beauty of makeup from a distance --- looking at pictures in magazines, watching YouTube videos, and playing with looks on family and friends.  This year, I decided to take this distant hobby to closer proximity.......I decided to take my first makeup class.  I did a lot of research, heard awesome things about Canadian Beauty College, called to book a tour and the rest was history. To my surprise, I was a lot better than I thought I'd be.  I guess after years of watching from the sidelines, you pick up a few tips and tricks.  I think the best part about taking my first makeup class is using it as a bridge to practice on more friends with different skin types, skin tones and eye shapes, as well as getting the opportunity to work with different products from Makeup Forever.  I've really enjoyed my journey so far and would love to share some of my work.  Obviously, I'm new and am still learning, but at the end of the day I'm just a girl who loves makeup and beauty, and is very interested in the field.  I am extremely happy to say that by the end of June, I will have my Makeup Artist Certificate.

Here is some of the work I've done so far.  I will continue updating and hopefully my skills will grow as my portfolio does.  I apologize in advance that the photos are not the best quality.

Some before and afters.  I had bad experiences with a blue smokey eye so even though this isn't typically a colour I'd choose for my skin tone, I had to concur it.  


Here's a before and after picture of my friend.


Here's a before and after of a basic bridal look. 


  I love how lashes can make such a big difference.

Thank you to all my friends who offer me their beautiful faces as canvases.
I am open to constructive criticism, tips and suggestions, but please be respectful to my models as they are real, everyday people.

 Please stay tuned for more to come.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment