Monday, September 3, 2012

Hong Kong and Singapore

I've been back in Canada since last Sunday and it's been exciting and exhausting to get back into the swing of things.  From looking for jobs to reuniting with friends to spending time with family, it's been insane.  So much has happened in so little time.

I started this blog when I left to Korea so it seems weird to still be blogging now that I'm home.  I think I'm just going to keep it up only because 1, nowhere in my blog does it indicate that this is a Korea blog (lol) and 2, I just want to =P.  Also, I did promise a HK, Singapore blog so here it is.


It's been almost a month since I left for HK. I arrived on July 21st and just my luck, rain.  So much rain that on the night I left, there was a level 10 typhoon!  The last time they had a level 10 was 13 years ago.  Let's see...raining/snowing in Japan - check, raining in Busan - check, raining/typhoon in HK, check, check...do you see a pattern here? LOL! Pretty much everywhere I've travelled to this year caused the country/city to rain unexpectedly lol, I guess if there's a drought anywhere, I should just head over there.  Regardless the trip was awesome, even though I was delayed 6 hours before getting to Singapore.

I've been to HK before so I had a game plan.  All I was going to do was meet friends and family and shop!  And I knew exactly where to go.

 DIMSUM


 Been waiting so long to eat this!




The kids <3




Fam =)







The girls



So much fooood!



Looks so scary!

Crazies going outside during a typhoon

Missed my chinese food <3




I've never been to Singapore before but the first thing I noticed was WOW...GREEN.  It's beautiful with a lot of greenery.  The weather was also perfect..and my favourite..the food was absolutely amazing.

freakin amazing food!


<3



Chilling by the pool =)


2 temples side by side






All set to explore Singapore

Ayam Panggang - AMAZING

Santosa:



Mango Margarita =)

University kids?

So much fun..it's like the "turtles" we played in school..but sooo much better..and faster ;)


Peranakan food - sooo good!
 
SOO GOOD!


Clarke Quay:







Their beer, the dark one was actually really good =)

Hawker Center


Gardens by the Bay and MBS:
Pretty flowers =)

Weird looking..w/e this is =P





Looks so cool, eh?


Pulling a Kat and Rebecca - they took pictures here about a month before I arrived =P

MBS

Outside MBS





=)



Bugis Street:
Cheap, outdoor shops


More food!




sooo good!

mmmmm..caaake


Night time fun =)
Gorgeous!


<3

<3

Prata was sooo good!

Mango Lassi

Fried instant noodles

On my way home =)


Happy Travels! Can't wait for the next adventure =)

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment