Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A night out..

Its not uncommon for Koreans to grab dinner and drinks on a school night.  However, other than my co-teachers I haven't really hung out with other teachers at my school so I was pretty nervous to hear that I had a "dinner appointment" with the other subject teachers.

Typical Korea night out:
1. Dinner + Alcohol:

보쌈..It's pork that you wrap with lettuce/cabbage or sesame leaf, dip in sauce, add garlic and radish kimchi..SOOOO GOOOOOD! I ate the 1/3 of this plate LOL

That weird pile of green seaweed looking thing is sesame leaf

Spicy fish that I don't remember the name of..we also added noodles into the sauce afterwards..




There was also makkeolli (Korean rice wine), soju and beer; as well as makkeolli mixed with soju, and beer mixed with soju..and whatever other random combination of mixing drinks you can think of =P..I couldn't snap a picture because we were too busy drinking..but Korean ahjusshis can drink...a lot




2. Noraebang (karaoke):

Must end the night with some singing, dancing, tambourine-hitting, more alcohol and obviously some Korean-double-handed-heart-over-the-head-making LOL




Depending on who you go out with, sometimes people would jump to a few different bars before going to a noraebang but this was a Monday night and we all wanted to catch the last train home so we skipped the bar hopping and jumped right to the noraebang.



Have a happy Monday =)

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment