Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daejeon

After the first week of winter camp, my co-teachers all wanted to go on a overnight trip so we can "hang out."  They chose the location and all I had to do was bring a towel.  The teachers all show up with their little purse and here I am with my duffle...fml lol.

Anyway, we ended up going to Daejeon by car which is about 1 hour drive from Seoul.  Some of my co-teachers go to Daejeon with their families because teachers get discounts and it's right by a beach.


After class on Friday we jumped in the car and head for Daejeon.

 The place we stayed at.  In Korea, mini-hotels that you rent out on vacation are called "condos."


Inside.


Bedding provided

 
Kitchen is bigger than my place in Seoul.


Co-teachers teaching me how to play 썻다.


The rules and the snacks that we used to bet with =P.
 
 
SNOW!


Mrs. Lee <3

 
The beach - 5 mins away from our condo.


Sunset


 Gorgeous


 
Co-teacher and I
 
 
Can't even see me but it was just so beautiful.
 

AHHhaha..but freeezing!

  
Mrs. Kim!
 

Seafood!

So BIG!


<3


Owner's puppy waiting for us downstairs.


We ordered this guksu but it took forever so after complaining they gave us an extra order =D



 
Yea...these are my co-teachers =P Awesome right?! I tried this after too..sooooo much fun!

 
Still kids =)

 
She was so excited!


HAHAHHAHHA..this gets me every time
 

At 2am =D


I never win....=D

  
The view on our way home...or so I thought. We were supposed to go home as soon as we had to check out but...
 

We ended up coming here to see a temple


Looks palace-ish


Walking up this in boots?!?!?! Probably the most dangerous thing..it was all ice!


The temple.

 
<3


Most snow I've seen in Korea.


This bird is supposed to bring protect you.


Really does look like a palace eh?


Korean monks


You write your wishes on these and they build the temple with it.


So many of them all over


See?


The view.


The colours...


It tells a story.


Buddha and prayers.


Ahjumma selling dried pumpkin outside the temple.


Hungover? Apparently this is what you need =P

 
Can't finish off the day without food...mandu (dumplings).


Spicy guksu


Finished with rice.




As hard as it is to spend a year away from home, from the people I love and not be able do what I am normally comfortable with; I'm so happy and grateful that I got this experience to see things I would not have otherwise seen, did things that I would not have otherwise done, eat things that I would not have otherwise eaten and met such amazing people along the way.



Thanks, Korea!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment