Friday, January 13, 2012

Latest Obsessions

So friends from home know that I kind of have this obsession with finding skincare products to make my face softer and smoother and finding hair products to do the same thing.  I've been hearing forever that Korea has awesome skincare products so when I arrived, I got super excited and tried a lot of different things.  Korean skincare brands such as Skinfoods, Innisfree, The Face Shop, Nature Republic, Missha, Etude House.....etc. etc. could be found EVERYWHERE.  They have shops inside stations, on the streets of Myeondong and Hongdae....seriously...everywhere.

My blog posts aren't usually specific to products but I've been obsessed lately and really want to share.  Sorry to any guys reading this..you probably won't be interested.  My bad!


I have really dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin, so I prefer to use more natural products.  Innisfree is known for using natural ingredients. I've switched products here and there due to the weather and whatnot and have now found the products that work best for my skin, in the winter, in Korea (must keep those factors in mind).  I don't know a lot of other Koreans that talk about Innisfree much so I don't know how it works for other people but I love it.

Products I use:

Innisfree: Olive Real Body Cleansing Foam..I only use this at night.  In the morning, I just use water because if I cleanse my face too much, it strips all the oil and my face ends up producing more (recommended by the lady that gave me a facial back in Canada =P).


Missha: Super Aqua Hydrating Toner - I got this on sale during Christmas for like 6000won which is like less than $6 CAD.  It's awesome, it helps my skin not have that tight feeling after I wash my face.



Innisfree: Olive Real Power Cream 
I used to use the lotion until winter came along.  I wanted something thicker and this did the trick.  It keeps my skin feeling moisturized and hydrated without feeling sticky or oily (I HATE that feeling).  It also lasts all day and my skin doesn't end up feeling drying or tight throughout the day.



Skinfood: "Royal Honey Eye Cream (Anti-wrinkle Effect)" 
I don't know if this works but I'm getting older and I have this fear of wrinkles =P.  I really like the consistency though.

Innisfree: Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask  
I used this once a week.  It kind of dries up all the oil and bacteria in your pores and rinses it all away.  I have really noticed that I don't really get the pimple here and there ever since I started using this.  The first time I used it, I did break out a little bit but it doesn't happen anymore and it leaves your skin feeling so soft.



Every once in awhile when I want to pamper myself, I use the sheet masks too.  The Innisfree bamboo one is my favourite.  I would also try out different serums and emulsions too..but I do try to stick with what works and try not to add too much stuff to my face because it's sensitive and it reacts to everything.  Hope this helps.


Korea, you saved my skin <3.
Speaking of obsessions - I haven't been able to go a day without checking into Pinterest.  Especially now that more of my friends are on it.  Feels like I know what they're thinking and doing even when we don't get to chat.  Makes me feel connected.  I love it.
This is mine: pinterest.com/catlee13/ 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment