Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Juno Hair

I am pretty particular about my hair so I was terrified to get a haircut in Korea.  I heard horror stories where people go into a salon in Korea and tell the stylist how they want their hair cut, but due to miscommunication and stylists disregarding their clients' demands, they end up with a hairstyle that they hate.

I haven't done anything to my hair since I arrived in Korea and frankly, it was turning into a hot mess.  I had split ends, it got tangled all the time and it just wasn't soft anymore.......sexy right?..I know! =P

My friend Claudia had the same problem so we sucked it up and headed over to Juno Hair.

I have heard really good things about the one located in Hongdae and I've seen them everywhere.  There is one in Gangnam and two locations that are really close to our station (서울대입구역 aka Seoul National University Station). If you take exit 2 or 3 at 서울대입구역, it's only about a 5 minute walk to either one.  I heard the stylists were great and they spoke English too so I thought that Juno Hair would be a good place to start.

We went to the one by our station, exit 3 and it's located on the second floor.  When we arrived, the first thing we noticed was how modern and chic the decor was.  The man at the counter greeted us politely. We asked him if he understood English, he said said only a little bit, but guided us to sit down to wait for our stylists.  While waiting, Claudia and I couldn't help but admire how awesome the staff looked.  All of the stylists dressed and looked trendy, stylish and chic.  It definitely made us feel a lot more comfortable.

My stylist approached me first.  She handed me her card (her name is Na HaYun).  I was so excited to have her as my stylist; I noticed her right away - she was really cute, really nice and super, super chic.  She asked me how I wanted my hair cut while she touched my hair.  She didn't speak a lot of English but she did seemed like she understood. My request: not too short, no bangs and a lot of volume ;).

Then, another girl took me to our lockers where I locked up my jacket and purse, she handed me the key and walked me over to wash my hair.  It was probably one of the best hair wash experiences...ever.  The head massage was great, water temperature was great, the only thing I would've asked for was for it to have lasted a lot longer!

The stylists work in pairs: one who's the main stylist and one that is still in training.

After confirming how I wanted to cut my hair, she began cutting.  At first I didn't want it too short, but I haven't had short hair in 3 years, I was in Korea, I was bored, so I thought what the heck, shorter is fine too.  She said sure and did her thing.

The strangest part was watching two girls blow dry my hair at the same time...I was shocked and speechless, but couldn't stop staring....it was the most confused I had been in a long time lol.

Talking to the stylist was great, she tried to speak English, I tried to speak in Korean and we kind of met each other in the middle.  Communication isn't always about language. =)

After my haircut, Claudia's stylist was adding curls to her look so Hayun walked me over to Claudia's side and offered me coffee.  When was the last time you were offered a beverage at your salon?

My stylist then gave me my membership bar code, told me she's off on Thursdays and walked us to the register.  It was only 25 000won.  Holy. Crap.  We paid them while all of the staff was gathered around us - the English-speaking  clients..and then our stylists walked us down the stairs and opened the door for us!

All in all, probably one of the best hair experiences..EVER.

And what's better than awesome service? An awesome haircut!  I love it.





Thanks HaYun and Juno Hair! I will definitely be coming back.  
Now I have to find a salon like this in Canada..grr.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment