Sunday, September 25, 2011

Payday Weekend!!

So...I was living off 20 000won before I got paid, sooooo you could imagine how happy I was to see money in my bank account.  I had told my co-teachers about how much I liked Mister Donut and they've never had it before.  Since they've been taking such good care of me and always gives me snacks, I figured that the least I could do was say thank you.

I brought them 10 Mister Donuts and they looooved it.  They don't really taste like normal donuts, they're a little chewy but that's what makes them so good.  Plus, who wouldn't want a donut that's made of little balls.  This cost about 12 000won of deliciousness =).
 
Friday night, everybody got paid so we decided we could treat ourselves to good food and drinks in Gangnam.  We went back to our favourite bar, Angus.  While waiting for everybody to arrive at Angus, we spotted this guy.  =P....Korea..you're awesome!!

After Angus, we wanted more food so we got a chicken dish.  We also got street food after this too =P.





The next day, our friends' church was having a picnic at a park and told me I should go check it out.  The park was beautiful, I would love to go back.  It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the Express Bus Terminal stop.  I think it's called Hangang Park or something Bo park =S.

 This big rock was kind of in the middle of the road, near the bridge.

They had these interesting structures on one side.

 And a more typical-looking park on the other side.

Claudia: "an apple with claws"
 
The bridge started spraying water and if you stand on the other side, you could see a rainbow too.  I heard there's a much nicer one in Vegas buuuut I still haven't been there so this looked awesome to me. =P




After chilling at the park, we went to Myeongdong and had dinner.  Because we finally got paid, we haaaaad to go shopping.  I actually didn't buy as much as I thought I would.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  I didn't find clothes I wanted.  I looooooove fall fashion but they still had a lot of summer stuff out and I'm searching for fall/winter stuff and I also need a super warm winter jacket for boarding.  My wool jacket just won't do.

I just bought necessities.  I was running out of my facial lotion and moisturizer.  However, looking for skincare in Korea is like a journey in itself.   There are soooo many stores that sell skincare and in the store there are sooo many lines.  I wanted something more natural for my sensitive skin, so my friends recommended Skinfood and Innisfree.

Myeongdong at like at least 2 of every skincare store so it was super overwhelming.  I got a few masks and a new moisturizer so I'm excited and set for the cooler months.  I also bought the cutest planner from Artbox.  This was was just 3000won.  It was on sale.

 
The best part about shopping in Korea, FREE SAMPLES!! makes me sooo happy =).




Today (Sunday), our friend Stefan suggested we check out a Disney Animation Exhibit.  It was sooooo coool!! Claudia suggested a Disney movie marathon.  I'm sooo exciiiited!! We weren't allowed to take any pictures and today was the last day, but if they ever have it in your city, you have to check it out.  It was held at Seoul Arts Center by Seocho station.  I hear there's like Jazz nights and musicals there too so I can't wait for that.

NICE! Foreigner discount.  It was 14 000 won and I we got 10% off sooo I think it was 12 600.

 All these people were just chilling around outside the Arts Center.  They were selling food too so people were sitting outside on tables too.  It reminded me of Venice.

I didn't bring my camera so you can't see the cool water stuff =(.  But I liked it =D.

After a day of fun, we had to find good food too!  I was like.."uhhhh is that fat?" and it is pig fat that we use as oil. 

Samgyupsal =)..never thought I would like fatty meat this much.  I don't remember what this place was called but it was on our walk back to Seocho station.

Budae jjigae - uncooked.

Budae jjigae - ready.  Apparently, this was originally served to men from the military.  There's sausage/hot dogs, tofu, ddeok, spam and veggies.  I really like it on a cold day, but Claudia didn't care for it so you have to try it for yourself.



Always nice to end a slightly chilly fall night with warm and delicious soup =). 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. can you please send me some mister donuts? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I want some fatty meat and mister donuts too XD!! Oh yea my friend mentioned that the duty free in korea has really cheap cosmetic too?

    ReplyDelete