Friday, September 16, 2011

Surviving Korea with 70 000won.

I guess having never lived by myself, I didn't use my money wisely.  There is still 8 more days until payday and I only have 70 000won left.  That's about $70 CAD lol. It's doable..just..difficult.  I was determined to stay in everyday this weekend, my body and wallet needs it lol. Buuuut on Saturday there are free Korean classes, a BBQ, and probably drinks and snacks after so I couldn't hibernate the way I wanted to.  I'm probably going to skip the drinks and snack part in order to make it alive till the 24th.  Plus people drink a lot here, I'm not even someone who drinks a lot and I've already drank a lot more than I normally would in Canada, my body can't really handle it lol.  If you decide that you do wanna go out and play you have some other options to save money.

I already mentioned Issac Toast in my last blog post, that Bulgogi sandwich we ordered was only 2600won.  If that is still too expensive, you have another option.


Kimbap!! It pretty much means "seaweed-rice" This whole roll costs 1500won, which is like $1.50cad.

It looks like Japanese hand rolls but they're very different.  There is egg, ham and some veggies in this one. Not bad for 1500won.



Lately, I've been super busy and exhausted.  I took a lot of pictures over Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving; it's on the same day as Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival) and I still have to organize and arrange all the pictures.  I'm trying to get everything done so that I could make a blog post about it this weekend.  Hope nobody else is suffering with money like I am =P.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment