Saturday, March 31, 2012

Food..food...more food =)

So, as I mentioned in a previous post, all of us are starting to freak out a little bit since we've already been in Seoul for almost 8 months now and it feels like there's so much we still haven't done.  Especially with the weather warming up a little bit, we decided to kickstart this weekend by eating at the restaurants we've been craving but haven't had time to check out.


Friday night, we felt for Mexican, so Claudia, John and I headed to Dos Tacos, it's a chain in Korea that I've heard a lot about but have never tried, and it serves Mexican food with fresh guac.  There are many locations in Seoul including Gangnam and my station, Seoul National University Station. I don't know how "Mexican" it really is but it totally satisfied our Mexican/Burrito/Taco craving.  I have heard of another another Mexican restaurant in Gangnam where a real Mexican works in the kitchen so I really want to try that place out.

   Nachos (+guac x2 of course!), beef burrito with avocados and cheesy chicken quesadilla.

Yummy in our tummies!!


I've been craving this soupy chicken dish  that I had with Ace and his friends for weeks now, and my friends have never been there so I decided to take them.  It's located in Dongdaemun, exit 8 and you have to do a little bit of walking to find it.  I'm surprised I remembered how to get back there, but it's honestly pretty easy IF you have somebody to take you there for the first time.

In the post on "Ace's Visit", I talked about not knowing the name of this restaurant, but here it is.  There's apparently always a wait.  It's pretty big and has three floors and we had to wait about 20 minutes, not bad at all, but there was still a wait as we left.

There were 4 of us, so we just ordered 2 chickens, I'm sure 3 chickens would've been alright for us too.  Each chicken was 13 000won, I believe.

I had no idea when or how to add the ingredients in so we just stared at the ahjusshi table beside us =P.  The chickens were already pretty fully cooked, so after the soup comes to a boil, add garlic, red chili paste, kimchi (LOTS OF IT!!) and ddeok (provided + Claudia's fav.).


After the water boils a bit more, cut up the chicken into big chunks.  (The ahjusshi watched us struggle so he helped us a bit here too =P).

SAUCE!! Not the same without it.  Mix red chili pepper with garlic, soy sauce and vinegar to taste.  When chicken is ready, dip it in........heaaaven =). 

Add 갈국수(noodles - 3000won), let the soup thicken up to finish off the amazing meal.  Make sure you drink the soup!  Highly recommend this place!!  

Two chickens + 막걸리 + 갈국수 = A little over 10 000won each.  Dude.....duuuuuude! AWESOME!



After lunch we went to Tom N Toms, then did some shopping in Migliore and Gangnam.  After shopping we headed to this BBQ place that had 500g of pork (apparently that's a lot, compared to a regular single order) for 15 000won.  On a normal day, if we were starving, we would've had to order two orders but since we've been eating all day, one was enough.  That's 15 000 divided by 3........duuuuuude lol.  Korea, how am I ever going to be able to leave you?  Eating and shopping all day!! That's my kind of life!

What's an amazing day without dessert.  John took Claudia and I to this bakery in Gangnam.  It was so nice inside, cozy and big, funky tables. 

Cute right?

Scone was meh, but okay..cheesecake was OMG!!! + raspberry sauce..HOLY MAMA! Soooo good!  I forget the name of this place, but I'll let you know once I ask John, but this is a place you must check out as well.

*Update: It's called Baker's Field.*


Great start to checking things off our Seoul checklist.  Hopefully more fun eating and shopping days to come =).

Happy April Fools annnnd Game of Thrones returns Day!! 

xoxo           


No comments:

Post a Comment