Friday, March 23, 2012

Rain..rain..please stay away...

For as long as I've been in Korea, there hasn't been too many rainy days, but I still can't stand them.  All you people who love rain.....you're crazy LOL. The weird thing about Korea is that no matter how light the rain is, you will see everybody on the streets holding umbrellas.  You have no idea how many times I left the house without one and people look at me like I'm crazy because I'm only wearing a hood in the rain.  Needless to say, I've learned my lesson: never leave the house without an umbrella, even when it's barely drizzling. 

The most annoying thing about walking in the rain in Korea, is how many freakin' people there are on the streets.  In Canada, people drive everywhere and if there's a slight drizzle,  I'll put my hood on, no biggie.  I don't even remember the last time I used an umbrella back home.  That's definitely not the case in Korea.  Everybody in Korea has an umbrella, everybody walks in Korea and everybody walks in different directions.  I'm already pretty lucky because I'm short that I don't get stabbed in the eye by other people's umbrellas but it's SUPER annoying walking down the street feeling other people's umbrella squishing over the top of mine.  

It also isn't making the weather any better.  It was warm for a few days while Ace was here in February but it's been really chilly lately.  Ten degrees Celsius is probably the warmest it's been all month.  Also, it totally isn't helping that lucky people in Canada keep reminding me that it's 26 freakin' degrees over there.  Almost wish I was home right now......almost.  But..there's still too many things to do in Korea and I can't wait to do them all.  I totally miss people from home but..dude..the food, the shopping, the culture here...I'm going to be really sad when August rolls around. CAN'T WAIT FOR WARM WEATHER!!

  Hope you guys are enjoying your super nice weather because this rain over here is totally bumming me out!

xoxo

1 comment: